Mountain Lumber Company™ buys wood from around the world and remakes it into exceptional quality wide plank antique flooring. If you have salvaged wood (decking and/ or timbers) to sell from a building constructed before 1910, we would be interested in hearing from you. Historically, we have focused on Heart Pine, Antique Oak and American Chestnut. However, we are always in search of that great, unique wood with a history that others will appreciate! If you have wood to sell, we would be interested in reviewing a sample.
Given the high volume of calls we receive, we have created a few guidelines for sellers. Hopefully, the information below will help you to better understand the requirements and process prior to contacting us.
Most of the wood we buy comes from two primary sources: mills or factories and warehouses or barns.
1. Mountain Lumber typically focuses on buying Heart Pine as well as white and red Oak and Chestnut. Other hardwoods, including Beech, Birch and Maple are also considered.
2. Mountain Lumber gathers antique wood for our flooring from a wide variety of mills and other buildings throughout the United States and around the world. We do not buy wood that is heavily damaged, oil soaked, from tanneries or otherwise contaminated with chemical residue. It is important to our workers, our manufacturing process, and eventually the end consumer that our wood be as pristine as possible and free of harmful chemicals.
3. We ask that the following be included in your submission:
4. Photos may be sent digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org, or with samples by regular mail to the attention of George Chesebro, Mountain Lumber Company, 6812 Spring Hill Road, Ruckersville, VA 22968.
1. Mountain Lumber does not dismantle barns; we purchase barn wood once it’s on the ground. Additionally, transporting the wood to Mountain Lumber’s facilities in Virginia is the seller’s responsibility. However, we would be happy to put you in touch with the numerous shippers that we have worked with over the past three decades.
2. Barn wood species typically bought by Mountain Lumber include antique white and red Oak, Chestnut and Hickory. We will also consider other hardwoods such as Beech, Birch and Maple.
3. We primarily purchase wood from barns in Virginia and West Virginia. But, depending on our demand, we will extend to other nearby states such as Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Ohio. Regardless of where you live, we would encourage you to reach out to us if you have barn wood to sell.
4. We ask that the following be included in your submission:
5. Photos may be sent digitally to email@example.com, or with samples by regular mail to the attention of George Chesebro, Mountain Lumber Company, 6812 Spring Hill Road, Ruckersville, VA 22968.
All photos and samples sent to Mountain Lumber will become property of the company. We cannot guarantee that we will purchase your wood by receiving a sample and photos. However, we will promise to review the wood and respond to you quickly.